Took another day MC on Friday. =(
Since i just visit the doctor 2 weeks ago, she said that i might have "brain tumor", therefore the frequent headache.. Is she trying to scare me or what? -___-"
Anyway shall share some personal (natural) methods of mine for headaches :-
I drink lots of water.. (tons of it actually) As most of us works in the air con office, we get dehydrated easily too.
I also try hard not to eat panadols (or pain killers), as i know when you need 2 tablets of them today, you might need 4 tablets in the next day, and soon, they will lose its effects.
However i took 2 of them on Thursday night..
The other method would be having enough sleep(and i mean tons of it!).
Therefore, straight after work, i try hard to get home by 7:30pm, and sleep before 10pm.
However this din work too..
After some surfing of the net, i realized there are also other natural methods!
Quoted from HERE:
- Cayenne pepper can help clear your sinuses. If you suffer from sinus headaches, this type of home remedy can be a natural headache cure.
- Drink decaf. If you're a coffee, tea or soda drinker then you might be bringing on your headaches because of caffeine. If you fail to get that caffeine, you might get a withdrawal headache. You can either get a caffeinated drink when that happens or start curbing the caffeine out of your diet altogether.
- Drink water. Oftentimes, people get a headache because they are dehydrated. Getting some water in to your system can get rid of that headache. Drinking room temperature water is your best bet since water that is too cold can give temporarily give you even more of a headache.
- Eat right. If you get headaches on a regular basis, it could be due to a food allergy or a vitamin that is missing from your diet. Eat healthy and pay attention to what you eat and how you feel afterwards so that you can prevent the headache from happening in the first place. Also, if you get a headache, ask yourself if it's because you haven't eaten. Sometimes skipping meals can cause headaches so all you need to do is get some food in your system.
- Fresh air. Breathing deeply can do wonders for a headache in general; it'll be even more effective as a natural headache cure if you do it out in the fresh air.
- Lemons. Lemon juice added to water or tea can be a natural cure for a headache. You can also take the peel of a lemon and grind it up to make a paste. Applied to the face and forehead, this may be a headache cure as well because of the aromatherapy properties it has.
- Mint. Mint is soothing, especially in teas. And it can be a great natural way to get rid of your headache. Peppermint water will work as well.
- Take a nap. You might have a headache because you need some rest. This is especially true if your lack of sleep is causing you to strain your eyes during the day, resulting in a headache. If you can get away and take a nap when the headache comes on, you might wake up to find that it's gone.
Another way that i found out, would be listening to music or sounds with Binaural beats!
They are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain for specific physical stimuli.
This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, and earned greater public awareness in the late 20th century based on claims that binaural beats could help induce relaxation, meditation, creativity and other desirable mental states.
The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the amplitude and sound localization of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequencies of the tones must be below 1,000 hertz for the beating to be noticeable. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (less than or equal to 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived.
Some videos i found :
There are of course more of such music or sounds if you go find them. =)
Come to think of it, was i stressing myself too much recently?
Or its my work being too stressful??
Take care, all my dear friends!